Today was the kickoff day for all of our projects and the first day we were at the CYEC. For the high tunnel team, we got to survey the state of the existing high tunnel which was built last year. It was still intact and we came to the conclusion that due to the polyethylene pipes warping under intense heat during the hot seasons we needed a better viable option. Since our plan was to use PVC pipes in the first place we decided to mix our plans built up in the semester and use some of the materials from the existing high tunnel. Similar things were done by the drip irrigation team and the biogas team. The drip irrigation team surveyed the plot of land next to the high tunnel and began to decide on which exact materials to obtain for the project. The biogas team decided it would be best to keep the digester somewhat near the kitchen area so that the gas can be piped to the kitchen. One of the things we will be doing is we will be comparing how tomato plants grow on the irrigation fields versus how it grows in the high tunnels. Each team also began to introduce the projects to the children at CYEC that were interested in the project. Finally, everyone came up with material lists and made modifications on their original designs to fit the constraints we were faced with at the CYEC. (i.e. budget constraint, weaker materials, different dimensions in materials and on). We also let the students choose which projects they would like to work on for the next 20 days.